The SACGLF is a member-driven initiative; a non-profit organisation established for the public benefit objective of advancing, building and strengthening social justice philanthropy and community development in Southern Africa.
The Forum has identified the following goals with accompanying objectives. For each of these, the Forum has developed activities, indicators and a timeline as contained in Section 4 of this Strategic Plan.
- Goal One: Robust regional collaboration established to advance the African Philanthropy Social Justice agenda.
- Goal Two: Sustainable and transformative leadership developed for the SACGLF members.
- Goal Three: Knowledge developed for and information disseminated amongst the SACGLF membership.
- Goal Four: A philanthropic institution, the SACGLF, in place that is well governs in terms of management, structural arrangements, roles and responsibilities.
- Goal Five: A sustainable, well-resourced SACGLF providing support to its membership.